<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, August 11, 2011

More from the land of zucchini

I have to be honest - even though it's coming out of our ears, I'll never get sick of it.  No matter how you cook or bake it, it's delicious.  All varieties.  Bring it on.  My doorstep awaits you.

I made this dish for my mother-in-law and scored many points, even though it wasn't necessary since I'm already her favorite daughter-in-law.  Yeah, I'm the only one she has...so what? ;)

It doesn't get easier than this, folks.

Spaghetti with Fried Zucchini
heavily adapted from Mario Batali

1 pound spaghetti
2 large zucchini, sliced into thin rounds (I used the rest of my googootz)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
5 garlic cloves, sliced
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
crushed red pepper to taste

Boil pasta until al dente.  While it's cooking, heat oil in a large skillet.  Add zucchini in a single layer and poach like chips.  Remove, drain and repeat process until all zucchini is cooked.  Place cooked zucchini in a serving bowl.

Add garlic to pan and cook until brown.  Add vinegar and let cook until vinegar evaporates, about 2 minutes. Put garlic in bowl with zucchini.

Drain pasta and add to bowl, stir to combine and add salt and pepper.  Add cheese and crushed red pepper, toss and serve immediately.


Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 11, 2011 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Beloved Green said...

That zucchini is still sitting in my fridge waiting for me to cook it up into something good like this!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 5:02 PM , Anonymous Maris (In Good Taste) said...

Way to score those brownie points! This looks very delicious!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Reeni said...

I'm a zucchini lover too and with pasta is one of my favorite ways of eating it! I made fried zucchini pasta the other night too - so, so good!

 
At August 14, 2011 at 8:12 PM , Anonymous Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh this looks really good and we have plenty of zucchini in the garden! Thanks for the recipe!!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home