<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

For the lovers of all things chocolate...

When I asked my nieces what flavor ice cream they wanted me to make for them, their eyes lit up and got HUGE.  It's amazing how kids react to those two words.

They had a very brief exchange of words, covering their mouths and whispering like many tweens do, then Nina ran right over to me with a big grin.  She said, "Anything with candy in it.  We trust you, Aunt Miss."

Hmmm.  Well, if you leave it up to me, you KNOW that the candy is going to include chocolate.  And you know what?  The ice cream will, too  :)

Why did I pick Kit Kats?  I'm not sure.  I was checking out some recipes and came across the one below, and it just made me smile.  When faced with an aisle full of candy, they're probably not even coming in on my top 10 list, but I just felt like it was the right move to make for Nina and Maddie's request.

And I was right.  This was dreamy.


Kit Kat Chocolate Ice Cream
adapted from Cooking With Christen

8 ounces mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
4 large egg yolks
Kit Kat candy bars, roughly chopped

Combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl.  Heat until melted, making sure not to burn (stop and stir midway - length of time depends on your microwave).  Stir and set aside, and place a mesh strainer over it.

Warm milk, sugar and salt in a pot over medium heat.  Whisk egg yolks in a medium sized bowl.  Slowly mix the milk mixture into the egg yolks, whisking as you go, then scrape back into the pot.

Stir over medium heat until mixture becomes thick and covers the back of a spoon.  Pour into chocolate mixture through the strainer and stir until cool.  Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour.

Place mixture in freezer bowl and churn according to manufacturer's directions.  Once finished, place in freezer-safe container and mix in Kit Kat bars.  Freeze for another 1-2 hours, if desired, before eating.

Linked to: Sweet Tooth Friday
                Sweets for a Saturday


Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At July 27, 2011 at 8:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This ice cream was delicious!

 
At July 27, 2011 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Krissy said...

I love love Kit-Kats! I will be making this soon!

 
At July 27, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'll bet this was dreamy! Great thinking :)

 
At July 27, 2011 at 6:42 PM , Anonymous Kimby said...

Lucky nieces...

 
At July 27, 2011 at 7:18 PM , Anonymous Maris (In Good Taste) said...

Very very lucky nieces!

 
At July 27, 2011 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Liz said...

Your food looks so yummy!!

 
At July 28, 2011 at 7:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHOCOLICIOUS!!!!!!!!!

Cindy B.
cindyskitchen@yahoo.com

 
At August 5, 2011 at 1:25 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I'd go crazy for a bowlful of your ice cream. Thanks for linking it up to Sweets for a Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home