<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Still swapping

Our theme this week was vegetarian dishes and I received this recipe from Melissa at Lemons & Love.  This soup is delicious and is perfect for a quick, easy and filling meal.  I made it for myself for lunch, since (as you all know by now) Frank doesn't eat beans.  I really enjoyed it!

There were a few ingredients missing in Melissa's recipe description so I added them into my very slight adaptation below.  I halved the recipe since I was the only one eating (enough for 2).  And of course, I had to add chopped red onion to mine :)

Thanks for the recipe, Melissa!


Black Bean & Salsa Soup
from Lemons & Love

2 cans black beans (15 ounces each), drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup chunky salsa
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
hot sauce (at your discretion...I used a good amount)
salt and pepper to taste
sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, diced red onion


In a food processor or blender, combine beans, broth, salsa, paprika, hot sauce and cumin. Blend until fairly smooth.  Heat the bean mixture in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated. 

Garnish with sour cream, onion and shredded cheese.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At May 21, 2011 at 4:00 PM , Blogger ktkimmle said...

It looks delicious, but to make it actually vegetarian you will need to sub the chicken broth for vegetable broth.

 
At May 21, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! I'm having a linky party called A Themed Baker's Sunday where this week's theme is cheesecake! I'd love for you to join and link up! If you don't have a cheesecake recipe, I'd love for you to come back for this next weeks theme, which is tomorrow, and it's cakes and cake pops!
http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/05/themed-bakers-sunday-5.html#comments
Alyssa

 
At May 21, 2011 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

ktkimmle, you're right - if you look at the original recipe, it's offered as an alternative.

 
At May 22, 2011 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Ben said...

I love soup, Melissa, and this looks like a good one. Thanks for sharing it!

Ben
http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home