<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nice knowing you all!

So, Saturday is D-day, right?  The end of the world as we know it?  Well then, what will you be eating for your "last supper"?

It would actually be pretty ironic if it WERE true.  You see, I'll be spending Saturday with my sister, sis-in-law, cousins and best friend having a "day of beauty" at a high-end department store that I won back in December for myself and 9 of my friends.  Lunch, a Dior makeover, personal shopping consultations...the works...followed by dinner and drinks.  (I also won a kick ass basket full of designer perfumes...Gucci, Prada, Burberry and more...retail value was close to $1000!)  Woohoo!

The irony here is that I never win ANYTHING, so of course, this Rapture could potentially rain on my prize parade.  Believe me, if it'll happen to anyone...eh, whatever.  We'll be having a blast and looking beautiful while we do it.

So, no Rapture Party at my house (yes, I've been hearing about this all day on Facebook and Twitter - people are hosting parties to celebrate our demise!)...but if I were staying home, I'd stock up on some wine and put together something that looks like this:


The delectable antipasto platter.

Now of course, this can vary, but I wanted to give you an idea of what a great one should consist of and look like.  This was a last minute There are a few other items I normally have on the platter (hot cherry peppers stuffed with provolone and prosciutto, for example), but this is a pretty good representation.

I had a separate bowl filled with assorted imported olives.  Olives are imperative - don't forget about them!

Counter-clockwise from the top:
Parmigiano reggiano
Sundried tomatoes (packed in oil)
Baby artichokes (packed in oil)
Kasseri
Sopressata
Ricotta salata
Manchego
Red seedless grapes
Italian bread

There you have it - my last supper (okay, I'd probably sneak a bowl of pasta in there, too).  Just keep the wine flowing and everything will be alright :)


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At May 19, 2011 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

Just think how good you'll look for the rapture! That's hilarious that people are having parties. I hadn't heard that. I'm with you - I'd have some darn delicious food, and that platter looks like it would fit the bill.

 
At May 19, 2011 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Katerina said...

Just try to enjoy as much as you can you gift and forget about all this nonsense!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering looking at that platter. THAT's the real deal, and couldn't be easier to assemble. Pour the red wine and it's a full on meal.

 
At May 19, 2011 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Maris said...

Great meal!! YUM

 
At May 19, 2011 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

I found your blog from the comment you left on mine. This platter looks fabulous! So nice to "meet" you. :-)

 
At July 29, 2011 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the antipaste!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home