<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A burger that'll keep you in your jeans

This burger definitely falls under the healthy category - a must for BBQs this summer if you're counting calories.  The recipe came from one of the swaps I participate in, and I have to say, I was a little skeptical about it at first.

I knew that the zucchini would give the turkey meat an even softer texture than it already had...combine that with the fact that there was no bread, and I got nervous.  Then, I formed the burgers and really got worried.  They were super soft...so soft that I was afraid they'd break while on the grill.

Well, not only did they stay together...they were delicious!  I topped them with swiss cheese, and of course I had a nice big slice of onion on mine :)


Zucchini Turkey Burgers
from Whitney (recipe swap participant)

1 lb. lean ground turkey
1 egg
1 zucchini, grated
1 teaspoon hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Mix ingredients and form into patties.  DO NOT overhandle meat, as it will already be delicate.  Cook on grill over high heat.
Makes 4 burgers.

WW Points+ per burger = 5



Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At May 11, 2011 at 10:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These burgers were amazing. And guilt free to have seconds!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

What a great idea. I would have been nervous, too. I'm going to have to give this a try. Once late summer rolls around I'm always looking for uses for zucchini.

 
At May 11, 2011 at 11:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not usually a turkey burger fan...but these were sooo delicious.

 
At May 12, 2011 at 1:00 AM , Blogger Linda said...

Love your blog! Can't wait to try these!

 
At May 16, 2011 at 2:26 AM , Blogger Audrey Ellen said...

I love the idea of using veggies to bulk up a burger in a healthy way. I have seen mushrooms used but never zucchinis, yum!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home