<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Spreading more blogging community love (Secret Recipe Club)

Since it was only 2 days ago, I'm sure you remember my yummy recipe that I posted for my first contribution to the Secret Recipe Club.  It really was a blast to participate in, and it was great seeing what everyone else chose to make.  Plus, it was a great way to get introduced to some new blogs that are terrific!

After Amanda posted the blog hop, it was determined that one blogger's recipe had been forgotten.  The person who had it suddenly backed out, leaving Connor's Cooking an orphan of the reveal  :(   So, several of us decided it would be fun to choose one of her recipes and post it today, to make up for what happened.

I had very little time to make something since I was going out to dinner with friends, so I perused the blog for quick and easy recipes.  The one that caught my eye was perfect...it could be made ahead so I could eat it for lunch today.  Plus, I had all the ingredients in the house.

This recipe is a "dip" and although I photographed it that way, I actually kept the eggs a bit chunky (my preference) and had it on wheat bread for a nice lunchtime sandwich (with sliced red onion, of course!).    It was delicious!  I could see it as being a big hit at a party, though, served as a dip with crackers and celery.  Yum.  


Deviled Dip
slightly adapted from Connor's Cooking

8 hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon mustard
5 bread and butter pickles, chopped
a few shakes of hot sauce
paprika, salt and pepper to taste

Chop eggs and add all additional ingredients. Stir until combined. Serve with crackers and celery.




Labels: , , , , ,

18 Comments:

At August 17, 2011 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Lisa~~ said...

What a great dip for a party. It was fun coming together and cooking from Connor's Cooking. I hope that you'll check out the Nutella Crêpes which I made from her blog.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

 
At August 17, 2011 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I love the idea of this! So much easier than putting it in the egg whites.

 
At August 17, 2011 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Allison said...

I loved deviled eggs and have never had it as a dip. What a great lunch time idea. I think I may need to steal that idea.

 
At August 17, 2011 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Kathy Walker said...

I love deviled egg but have never had it as a dip. Since it is such a popular lunch at my house, I know it would be a popular dip.

 
At August 17, 2011 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh my gosh! This sounds delicious!

 
At August 17, 2011 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Jules said...

That looks really tasty, and I love the idea of these flavors as a dip.

 
At August 17, 2011 at 7:52 PM , Anonymous Maris (In Good Taste) said...

Love how this is so simple yet so good!

 
At August 17, 2011 at 8:22 PM , Blogger DANIELLE said...

I HAD FUN JOINING IN FOR THIS SURPRISE POST TOO! THIS LOOKS PERFECT FOR A PARTY!!

 
At August 17, 2011 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Great choice for a quick pick! My husband would love this as a dip or a sandwich!

 
At August 17, 2011 at 8:52 PM , Anonymous Noelle said...

YUMMMY! Anything with hard boiled eggs. I keep on saying I am going to make egg salad but this is so much better! Way to go!

 
At August 18, 2011 at 12:47 AM , Blogger Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

Great and tasty post for the SRC, can't wait to see more.
Thanks for sharing..

 
At August 18, 2011 at 1:35 AM , Blogger Tami said...

I've never had egg salad as a dip but why not? It works well! It would be a great change up from peanut butter or cream cheese to stuff celery.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 5:26 AM , Blogger Shelby said...

Pretty cool idea to present it as a dip :)

 
At August 18, 2011 at 6:49 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Aww how sweet of you to make up for the person who was forgotten! This seems like a tasty dip!

 
At August 18, 2011 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Connor's Chaos said...

Thanks for taking the time to make something from my blog! This was a favorite of mine too... Didn't really think of egg salad as a dip, but it's so good either way!

Raina

 
At August 18, 2011 at 2:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Godo for you to do an extra recipe. And a good one, to boot. Looks delish.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Pamela said...

My husband is going to love this. So easy and with ordinary ingredients. I like that!

 
At August 19, 2011 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Becky McNeer said...

i know someone who will love this! will you please link it to foodie friday http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/08/foodie-friday-2.html
http://www.homesandbabies.com
http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home