<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, August 20, 2012

Texas Peach Cobbler

I went to get my sister's mail the other day, and came across a big cardboard box on the steps.  After checking the label, I noticed it was something from a fruit of the month club that her brother-in-law had sent, month 8 of a year's worth of goodies.

Seeing as it was a perishable item, I opened it up and came across 9 big, BEAUTIFUL peaches from Arizona.  So pretty.  I sunk my teeth into one and was in heaven.  Then I realized I'd better come up with something to do with the rest of them, since they were really, really ripe.


I didn't have much time to get involved in a lengthy, time consuming recipe, so I scoured the net until I found a simpler one.  And let me tell you - this was a score!  I guess the fact that it uses an entire stick of butter helps the cause ;)


I have no idea if this is what peach cobbler from Texas is really like, but as far as I'm concerned, all that matters is that it's delicious!

Texas Peach Cobbler
from Pick Your Own

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup AP flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 cup milk (I used 1%)
3 cups sliced fresh peaches, skin on
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Melt butter, the pour into 8 inch square baking pan.

Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and milk in a bowl.  Pour batter on top of butter.  Do not stir.  Without mixing, arrange peaches on top of batter.  Evenly sprinkle brown sugar on top of peaches.

Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.  Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (although it's fantastic on its own, too!).

Makes 6-8 servings.

Linked to: Sweets for a Saturday



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At August 20, 2012 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I WISH I would one day come home to a box full of tasty peaches! You used them pretty perfectly.

 
At August 21, 2012 at 12:15 AM , Anonymous Cook LA said...

This looks really delicious. I must test to see if it will work in the cooking classes I teach!




http://cooklacookingschool.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home