<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Oven Hard Boiled Eggs

So, if you've been following along in my farming adventures, you can guess what's been coming out of my ears lately.  So it only made sense to join in on the latest craze - the oven hard boiled egg.

Get out your muffin tin, people.  And if it's a little dirty, like the one below, that's perfectly okay ;)


Preheat your oven to 325 degrees (350 might do the trick in your oven - it might make sense to try one first to see which temp works best for yours).  Pop those babies in the oven for 30 minutes.  Have a nice cold ice bath ready and waiting for them when time is up.


Let them cool for about 10 minutes before removing them from the bath.  Then, peel away.

Perhaps your peeling will go a bit easier than it did for us.  Maybe because they're super fresh eggs?


No matter - this method is SO easy and foolproof, I'll deal with a tough shell.  

Try this!  And report back, please...


Linked to:  Tastetastic Thursday




Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 22, 2012 at 7:48 AM , Anonymous Lindsay {life and kitchen} said...

The real question on my mind is whether or not I will forget about the eggs in the oven just like I do with the eggs in the water! :) I can't wait to try this!

 
At August 22, 2012 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Laura said...

I hadn't seen oven hard boiled eggs yet. Looks like a great idea! (By the way, some people say you should never cook an egg in the oven under 350*, but I don't know if that applies to this method or not). We like Rachel Ray's method for peeling. Place your eggs in a large pot with a lid and give the pot several hard vigorous shakes. It loosens the shells and makes them easier to peel.

 
At August 22, 2012 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

I know there are a few tricks, but the eggshells on these eggs are really delicate! Straight from the chicken's butt :) Also, 325 was fine - at least in our oven - the eggs were perfectly cooked. Temps will definitely vary depending on the oven, though.

 
At November 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM , Anonymous ShannonR said...

I have no idea if this helps or not, but I used to work at a farm/pet supply store and the owner had several chickens. She always said her eggs had to be set aside for a week before she tried to hard-boil them; otherwise, she could not get them to peel, no matter what she tried.

I'm getting ready to try the oven-baked method now. Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home