<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, March 2, 2012

Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream

"The Descendants" takes place in Hawaii, so as part of my 24x24 party last weekend I knew the dish I'd choose to represent it would be something tropical.  Since the movie ends with the family sitting on the couch eating ice cream, I thought merging both ideas would be pretty cool.

And so was the outcome.


All we needed was some palm trees and we would have been all set ;)

Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream
from A Sweet Pea Chef

1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 cup coconut flakes, plus 1/4 cup for garnish
3/4 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple (or canned crushed pineapple)

Combine first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Add coconut flakes and stir.  Pour into ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instructions.  When there is about 5 minutes left, add pineapple.

Freeze in airtight container for at least 5 hours (preferably overnight).  Top with coconut flakes (toast them if you like by baking in a 325 degree oven for about 15 minutes, moving them around every 5 minutes, on a parchment lined baking sheet).

Linked to: Sweets for a Saturday


Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At March 2, 2012 at 8:53 AM , Anonymous Jill (JBean Cuisine) said...

Ummm, yumm. This looks and sounds SO good. I love coconut - so I can't wait to try it.

 
At March 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

There is no better combo then these two in my mind.

 
At March 3, 2012 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Note to self - make more ice cream. Especially with tropical flavors. This looks delicious!

 
At March 3, 2012 at 5:28 PM , Blogger www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

sounds new and healthy too and looking delicious..
Maha

 
At March 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM , Anonymous Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

yum, sounds like the perfect treat to have waiting for summer to come.

 
At March 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

Wow, this looks delicious. I love pineapple and coconut. Looks like I'm going to have to bust out the ice cream maker for the season. :)

 
At September 2, 2012 at 4:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made some Pinapple & Coconut ice cream before I saw this post. It was delicious but I had a problem with it. When I put the not eaten portion in the freezer it became very crystalized and icy. I had made Coconut ice cream without the pinapple before and it stayed creamy after freezing. Anyone have a secret to avoiding the icy part?

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home