<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, March 5, 2012

Diner Style Cranberry Walnut Muffins (Secret Recipe Club)

One of the things I love most about the Secret Recipe Club is that it exposes me to some great blogs that I've never seen before.  This month is no exception.  Amber, who writes Bluebonnets and Brownies, is originally from Texas and currently lives in the great state of NJ :)  As soon as I received my assignment I headed right over to the blog (as usual) and immediately fell in love.  Amber's got some great recipes - it was tough to pick just one!

One thing NJ is well known for is their diners.  The fact that you can go pretty much anywhere in the state and get a kick ass meal round the clock is awesome.  So when I saw Amber's recipe for these muffins, which were called "diner style", I had to try them out.


These muffins were delicious!  I'm not sure I agree that they're diner style, though.  The muffins I usually see in the diners around here are way bigger (yeah, I guess if I had a big muffin pan, mine would be too) and fluffier.  Still, they were good, and very easy to make.


I'm looking forward to trying more of Amber's recipes...be sure to check out her blog if you haven't done so before!

Diner Style Cranberry Walnut Muffins
from Bluebonnets and Brownies

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
3 cups pancake mix
1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
3/4 cup cranberries (I used frozen, which I thawed first)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
turbinado sugar for topping (optional...I wanted to use it and forgot!)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Cream sugar and butter together in mixing bowl.  Add eggs one at a time, making sure each is fully incorporated before adding the next.  Add pancake mix in one cup at a time, also fully incorporating each time.

Scrape bowl down then add milk while mixing on low speed.  Fold cranberries and walnuts in by hand.

Spoon mix into paper lined cups evenly.  Sprinkle with sugar if using.  Bake for 25-35 minutes.  Cool before removing from pan.


Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At March 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Cookaholic Wife said...

They look great! I'm always looking for recipes that use cranberries since I go a bit overboard on stocking up around the holidays.

 
At March 5, 2012 at 12:23 PM , Anonymous Lesa @Edesias Notebook said...

I love cranberries in muffins. Great choice!

 
At March 5, 2012 at 12:29 PM , Anonymous Sarah @ The Pajama Chef said...

i have a bag of cranberries in the freezer... this might just be the ticket. :)

 
At March 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Sara said...

These sound so tasty - I love cranberry-walnut muffins, definitely one of my favorites! :)

 
At March 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM , Anonymous Amber | Bluebonnets and Brownies said...

Thanks so much for your comments! I'm finding with the fluffiness that it depends on the baking mix you use. If you use one designed specifically for pancakes *only*, they come out fluffier than if you use Bisquick or Pioneer or something like that. But I didn't find that out until I'd made these muffins several times, and I've posted a few different variations since then. I'm glad you liked them - but maybe I should change the post to Perkins-style Cranberry Muffins, because that's what they most reminded me of!

 
At March 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM , Blogger singerinkitchen said...

Pancake mix? WOw interesting and delicious recipe.

 
At March 6, 2012 at 2:38 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I think I'd prefer your muffins over a diner's any day.

 
At March 6, 2012 at 6:13 AM , Blogger Shelby said...

I was surprised to see pancake mix in the ingredients! They look yummy and loving the flavors!

 
At March 6, 2012 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Jaida said...

Melissa, these look amazing and I love the idea of fluffy muffins!!

 
At March 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvento350 said...

Oh my goodness, I read through your whole post and kept reading "dinner" style muffins. I was wondering what made them different so you could eat them with dinner. :) They look pretty darn good for breakfast or brunch to me.

 
At March 6, 2012 at 1:03 PM , Anonymous Asmita said...

Cranberries and walnuts, I am in. Looks incredible!!!

 
At March 7, 2012 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Lisa~~ said...

I had Amber's blog a few months ago and she has so many wonderful recipes and you picked a great one. Your muffins look wonderful.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC entry: Broiled Sushi.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home