<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, February 20, 2012

Crockpot Sausage, Peppers & Onions

It's crockpot time again!  Can't get enough of these easy dishes that make my life on office days a lot more simple.

I've made this several times before and although it goes against all things crockpotting, I have to say...don't skip the browning the meat step.  It makes the meal MUCH better.  It only takes about 10 minutes, and this time around I actually did it the day before.  Easy!

We ate this two nights in a row...sandwiches the first night, over pasta the second night.  Like I said...easy!  And of course, delicious.


Crockpot Sausage, Peppers & Onions
3 pounds Italian sausage, cut into 1" chunks
3 bell peppers, cut into strips
2 large yellow onions, sliced
5 garlic cloves, chopped
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 cup dry white wine

Heat a little oil in a skillet and add sausage.  Cook until brown on all sides, then add to crockpot along with the rest of the ingredients.  Cook on low for approximately 4 hours.  Serve on bread or over pasta.


Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At February 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM , Anonymous Nicole, RD said...

My mom hosted a get together last night and made peppers and sausage. I was going to ask for her recipe, but the crock pot makes this one a front runner right off the bat! I can't wait to try it :)

 
At February 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

This looks so delicious, Melissa! In fact, my husband is drooling over my shoulder as we speak. Must be CrockPot week because I, along with so many others, posted slow cooked recipes today! Wonderful dish you have here. Thanks for sharing!

 
At February 21, 2012 at 5:35 AM , Anonymous Katerina said...

Mmm, I wish i had this for lunch at my office instead of the sandwich!

 
At September 24, 2012 at 12:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to try this recipe- it looks delicious! I like to take my CrockPot for tailgating at my son's baseball games because you can plug it into the car and cook/ keep food warm until meal time.

 
At November 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM , Anonymous Sara said...

If I don't have white wine in the house, would it be okay to substitute with chix broth?

 
At November 10, 2012 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

I think that would be okay...or, red wine!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home