<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baked Eggs with Cheddar & Potatoes

I love dishes that can be served any time of day.  I think Rachael Ray has some sort of term for them, but no need to go there.  You get what I'm saying.

How much easier could this possibly be?  Perfect for an intimate breakfast, double/triple it for a large brunch crowd, or serve it as a simple dinner.


Adding meat to this would make it even heartier, but it was delicious just the way you see it.  Either way, I encourage you to try it this weekend.  Enjoy!

And please, vote for my Pasta e Fagioli if you haven't already!  THANK YOU!!  

***CLICK HERE to vote***

Baked Eggs with Cheddar & Potatoes

3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
8 large eggs
1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Melt butter in a cast iron skillet (or, as seen in photo, in dutch oven for larger quantities) over medium heat.  Add potatoes and cook until tender and brown, about 15 minutes.  Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper, then remove from heat.

Push potatoes aside to make 4 pockets for eggs, and break 2 into each.  Bake until egg whites are cooked and yolks are still runny, about 10 minutes.  Sprinkle cheese over eggs and bake another minute or two until cheese melts.  Serve immediately.

Serves 4.

Linked to: Fusion Friday


Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At January 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Sarah - The Home Cook said...

My stomach is growling just looking at this. Yum!

 
At January 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM , Anonymous Lesa @Edesia's Notebook said...

Yum! I love eggs and potatoes for breakfast. This would be great as a breakfast-for-dinner too.

 
At January 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love baked eggs on top of anything. I have p ut it on mac and cheese.

 
At March 17, 2012 at 7:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, this was soo good! I added in 6 slices of crumbled bacon and I'm in heaven! Mmmm....

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home