<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Our top picks from 2011!

2011 was a big year here at IWBTC, obviously...the blog was born just two weeks before the year started!  So, I want to showcase some of my favorite dishes from the year - 11, to be exact, for 2011.  I'm also getting a little help from my biggest fan and the lucky taste tester, my husband.

Here they are, in no particular order...although #1 might be a tad bit ahead of the rest :)  Enjoy, and if you haven't already tried these, now's your chance!

11. An easy, healthy and comforting stew that we dug right into - Lentil, Kielbasa & Garlic Stew


10.  A frozen treat that easily reminded us that homemade is always better - Pistachio Ice Cream


9.  This was by far our favorite of the year from south of the border - Mexican Pulled Pork Carnitas



8.  A burger that surpasses many others - Minted Lamb Burgers


7.  Frank loved his birthday, but he thought my Dad's really "took the cake" - Sicilian Cassata Cake


6.  Our favorite crockpot meal - an oldie but a goodie - Crockpot Pot Roast with Veggies


5.  A make-ahead breakfast that really wowed our friends - Baked Panettone French Toast


4.  It wouldn't be a "favorites" list if it didn't include pasta -  Pumpkin and Sausage Baked Pasta


3.  Actually, make that two pasta dishes - Nana's Lasagna


2. Frank LOVES my braciole, but has a real soft spot for this dish - "Mambo Italiano" Chicken Parmigiana


1.  A dessert that many of my readers have made and RAVED about...always a big hit, and one I'm definitely happy I created!  Key Lime Cupcakes


Did I leave any of your favorites off the list?  If so, comment and let me know!

Bring on 2012...I'm ready for more great food!  Hope you are too :)

Linked to: Tastetastic Thursday


Labels:

3 Comments:

At December 29, 2011 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Mrs.Pickles said...

They all look great!

 
At December 29, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Reeni said...

A delicious and tempting round-up! I love looking back. Happy New Year!

 
At December 31, 2011 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Connor's Chaos said...

Made your hidden kisses cookies for Christmas this year and they were a hit! They are on my blog today... Thanks for the ideas! www.connorscooking.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home