<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, August 12, 2011

Soup that'll have you chillin' out

I was thrilled when I received Jey's recipe in the latest swap (theme - summer veggies), since I hadn't made a cold soup yet this summer.  How could that be?  What was I waiting for?  Not only is it super easy to do, but so refreshing and delicious...

I took Jey's advice about making it a creamy soup, and was happy I did.  I thought the texture was terrific and really enjoyed the thickness of it, rather than leaving it chunky like she said the original recipe suggested.

Definitely give this a shot soon.  You'll be amazed at the simplicity of it, and how the result packs a big punch.  Of course, I added much more garlic than the recipe called for ;)

Can't wait to have the rest for lunch!

Chilled Cucumber Soup
slightly adapted from The Jey of Cooking

2 cucumbers, seeded and diced
2 scallions, cut into chunks
6 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tablespoons fresh mint
3 tablespoons fresh basil
2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup lowfat milk (1%)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Throw all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Store in refrigerator, or serve immediately with chopped red pepper and pistachios sprinkled on top.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At August 12, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

And to think I JUST ran out of cucumbers! Well...I'm sure there'll be more in my future. This looks so creamy and luscious!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Jey said...

So glad you liked it. The red pepper sounds like it adds a great crunch factor!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 10:47 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

This looks so refreshing. I love creamy soups, and cold soups in summer are so wonderful. I hope I get cucumbers in my basket this weekend.

 
At August 12, 2011 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Beloved Green said...

Simple and easy, I love it!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 7:51 PM , Anonymous Maris (In Good Taste) said...

Looks perfect for hot summer days!

 
At August 14, 2011 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Good Food Blog said...

simple and easy. i like this one

 
At August 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM , Anonymous sophia said...

I've actually never had cold soup before! It looks super simple and refreshing. Love the creamy color and the specks of green in there!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home