<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, August 29, 2011

A partridge (and a million pears) in a pear tree (What's Baking?)


My pear tree is multiplying.  RAPIDLY.  It would take a village to be able to burn through all of them.  Frank has filled huge leaf bags from Home Depot with them.  There's just no way to keep up!

Still, I love it.  It's a nice thing to have, and when I first see them budding, it reminds me that summer is in full swing.  It makes me happy.  So when Jade from The Mess Pot  proclaimed "Celebrate Summer" as our What's Baking theme this month, I knew I had to use my beloved pears.


It's been quite the week here in NJ.  First, an earthquake (we're not used to them in these here parts, so a 6.0 pretty much "shook me up")...then a 24 hour hurricane (another rarity in NJ) with tornado warnings mixed in.  Can you say xanax?  Or wine?

Good thing this pairs well with the wine...not sure about the xanax, but probably that, too.

This recipe is delicious, easy and decadent.  And at this rate, I could invite the whole county over for it :)


Thanks for hosting, Jade!

Cinnamon-Mascarpone Baked Pears

2 medium pears
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons butter
1/4 cup apple juice (or white grape juice)
6 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Slice pears in half lengthwise, core, and place inside up in baking pan.  Spoon 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon butter into each pear half.  Pour juice into baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes.  

Combine cheese, sugar and cinnamon.  Top each pear half with cheese mixture and serve warm.
Linked to:  Sweet Tooth Friday


Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At August 29, 2011 at 3:11 PM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

Wow! Leaf bags FULL? That's amazing! Good luck using them all. I can imagine with great recipes like this one it wouldn't be too much of a burden. :)

 
At August 29, 2011 at 3:22 PM , Anonymous The Farmers Wife said...

Hi there! I found your site through Stumble Upon and am I glad I did! This is amazing, I'm so jealous of you pear collection, I've been dying to find some good pears lately! So nice to "meet" another foodie!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 7:17 PM , Anonymous Jade @ The Mess Pot said...

I love this! I can't imagine having that many pears, but this dish is a great way to celebtrate summer. Thanks for the submission.

 
At August 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM , Anonymous Hezzi-D said...

Mmmm...I am so in love with pears right now. This looks wonderful! I wouldn't have thought of using mascarpone but it looks great!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a great looking, simple, dessert! Makes me wish I had a pear tree!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 3:51 AM , Anonymous Kimby said...

Glad to hear you came through everything okay, Melissa -- I was wondering since NJ got slammed, according to the Weather Channel. These pears sound like the perfect way to celebrate!

 
At September 4, 2011 at 12:24 AM , Blogger Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

I love the simplicity in this recipe. It sounds like a wonderful summer dessert.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home