<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Running late? Make this!

This dish was apparently quite popular before I joined the food blogging world.  I made it once before with Velveeta, but thought it would be nice to have a healthier version... preferably one that uses items I usually have on hand (Velveeta is NOT one of them!)

The recipe on Delish was appealing to me, and I made some adaptations.  The result was a great one - Frank loved it, too.  I know we enjoyed the one I made last year, but this was even better and will stay in our rotation for the reasons I stated above.

You can never have too many easy, quick, healthy, don't-have-to-think-much-about-it meals to choose from on busy nights...this is one you need to keep in mind!


Creamy Taco Mac - The Healthy Way
adapted from Delish

1 box elbows
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup tomato sauce
2 teaspoons cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup light sour cream
3 oz. light cream cheese
shredded cheddar cheese for topping

Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.  Set aside.

In the same pot, cook turkey and onion until brown.  Add tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Stir and simmer for a few minutes.

Add pasta, sour cream and cream cheese, and stir to combine.  Simmer for another few minutes, then remove and plate.  Top with cheddar cheese before serving.

Serves 4.

Linked to:  These Chicks Cooked
                   It's A Keeper Thursday
                  Skinny Blog Hop





Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At June 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

I love how you healthified this dish. I don't usually have velveeta on hand, either, so this is definitely better for me. I love how fast and easy it is.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home