<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another great way to start the day

Our most recent recipe swap theme was breakfast dishes.  I think it's safe to say I'm not alone in believing that you can never have too many pancake recipes.  So, I was happy to see this one pop up in my inbox.


Carrie from Carrie's Sweet Life (who originally saw this recipe on Cassie Craves) made these pancakes look and sound delicious.  And they were.  Who can resist sweet cream cheese topping on top of fluffy nutty pancakes?  Not me.

Plus, they couldn't be easier to make.  The topping takes less than a minute, and I made the batter the night before.  Can't beat that.

I'm happy to add these to my breakfast collection.  Thanks for a great dish, Carrie!


Banana Nut Pancakes with Sweet Cream Topping
slightly adapted from Carrie's Sweet Life

3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup whipped topping (I used fat free since that's what I had on hand)
1 cup pancake mix
1 tablespoon sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I used walnuts)



In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in whipped topping (mixture will be stiff); set aside.


In another bowl, combine pancake mix and sugar. Beat egg, milk and oil; add to pancake mix and mix well. Fold in banana and pecans.


Pour batter onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with cream topping. 

Makes approximately 8 pancakes.

Linked to:  Mother's Day Blog Hop



Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 15, 2011 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

We love these. How crazy we swapped recipes. And both sent pancakes

 
At June 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my yumminess!! These pancakes sound wonderful!!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home