<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Beating the heat

I took Bella to Sesame Place yesterday for the first time.  So much fun!  The day was long, HOT and exhausting.  I had all intentions of ordering in (Frank actually suggested he pick up burritos)...no way was I turning the oven on in 100 degree weather.

Then I remembered an old favorite that's perfect for beating the heat.  All it requires is turning on the stove for 10 minutes, cutting up some veggies and opening a few cans.  It's the perfect recipe for the weather we've been having, and since today is supposed to be a repeat of yesterday, I thought this may help someone out who's looking for an easy meal without working up a sweat.

What's great about this salad is that you can use whatever you have on hand.  I've made it many times and rarely has it been the same.  The recipe below is last night's version, but again, sub what you like/have.


Soooo good.  And light.  And cool.  And easy!  Try it tonight.

Tuna Pasta Salad
1 pound rotini pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup green beans, cooked and cooled
1/2 cup edamame
1 cup chopped red onion
2 cans solid white tuna packed in water, drained
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon garlic powder
juice from half a lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined.  For best results, chill at least one hour before eating.

***Other ingredients I recommend:  peas, peppers, olives, broccoli, artichoke hearts, garbanzo beans, celery, carrots.  But really, anything goes!

Linked to:  These Chicks Cooked

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At June 9, 2011 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

What a great summer salad! I love the edamame in it. Glad you had a good time yesterday!

 
At June 10, 2011 at 7:03 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's incredibly fatigued by all this heat! love how easy this pasta salad is!

 
At June 10, 2011 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

What a wonderful summer pasta recipe. I definitely want to try this sometime soon. Thanks for coming by to share your recipe :) Have a great weekend!
Katie

 
At June 15, 2011 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Your recipe is in the spotlight this week on These
Chicks Cooked! Thanks for sharing :)
Katie

 
At June 15, 2011 at 8:57 PM , Blogger Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Oh this sounds like my kind of salad. I just got some tuna too!
Love it!
Congratulations on the feature!
Come see me at http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home