<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Throwing it together

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I have many meals that I pretty much just throw together.  Meals where I survey my kitchen and its inventory, and come up with something that uses ingredients up while making a nice combination. This is one of them.

I've been raving about Trader Joe's chicken sausage a lot - this is another use for the andouille that I used in my paella.  It's a quick and easy dish where ingredients can be substituted based on what you have.  You can use any kind of sausage, add peppers, use sweet potatoes instead of white, add beans, or broccoli rabe - the sky's the limit!


Skillet Sausage & Potatoes
4 links chicken andouille sausage (Trader Joe's), cut into bite size chunks
3 small potatoes, sliced in thin rounds
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 scallion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder

Heat oil in a large skillet, add onion, and cook until translucent.  Add sausage and potatoes, followed by seasonings.  Cook until meat is hot and potatoes are tender.  At the last minute, add scallion and toss through over the heat for about 30 seconds.

Serves 3-4.


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 26, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I love dishes like this that are so flexible and amenable to whatever ingredients you throw at them! Delicious.

 
At May 26, 2011 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Pam said...

I love dishes like this! TJ's sausages are great.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home