<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Short cuts (What's Baking)

Go ahead and judge me, but there are times when the prepared cake/cookie mix is the only way to get it done.  You know it's true.  Don't deny.

I always keep some in my house, just incase.  And honestly, it rarely lets me down.


These were delicious and couldn't be ANY easier!   They're great for dessert, or even in the morning with your coffee or tea.  One little square is enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.


For this month's What's Baking challenge, Cara from The Boys Made Me Do It chose the theme "Something For Mother's Day".  Although I didn't bake these for Mother's Day, I know that my Mom would have enjoyed them.  I know I did, and I'm a Mom, so that counts for something :)

Raspberry Streusel Bars
from Betty Crocker

1 pouch sugar cookie mix
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons AP flour
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam (I used Trader Joe's reduced sugar variety)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat an 8x8 pan with cooking spray.

In a bowl, combine cookie mix, butter, flour, almond extract and egg until dough forms.  Press half the dough into bottom of pan and bake for 15 minutes.  Spread jam on top of dough, then crumble the rest of the dough over it and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.

Let cool completely before cuttting into bars.

Linked to:  Sweet Tooth Friday

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At May 24, 2011 at 4:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love easy stuff like that - have you ever tried the pop cake? Just take any box cake mix and mix with one 12 ounce can of regular pop - no eggs or oil.

Bake as directed - the possibilities are endless - chocolate cake with rootbeer, vanilla cake with ginger ale - moist every time! :D

 
At May 24, 2011 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

It's been a while...but yes, I have, and several varieties!

 
At May 24, 2011 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Reeni said...

I am such a sucker for bar cookies! I love these with the raspberry streusel! Divine!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 4:23 PM , Blogger cookies and cups said...

love a short cut recipe!!

 
At June 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM , Blogger Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

I love the semi homemade approach. It makes life so much easier.

Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday. I've Stumbled your post and I hope to see you again this week.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home