<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Who else is an Ina fan?

I'm hoping to befriend her one day so I have a nice place to stay in the Hamptons :)

Ina's terrific - so down to earth, smart and creative.  She also has a simple side to her (and her recipes) which is a breath of fresh air.  Like this one.  Although I only made it for Frank and myself, this is impressive enough for company, and it takes 10 minutes from start to finish.  

Best of all, it's delicious.  


Next time, I'll toss the shrimp in the oil, lemon and seasonings before placing it on the pan...it'll be much easier that way.

Roasted Shrimp With Thousand Island Dressing
from Ina Garten
1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 tsp. kosher salt (I used sea salt)
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice


Dressing:
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp. minced capers (I omitted)
1 tsp. chopped gherkins (I increased to probably 3 or 4...didn't measure)
1 tablespoon sweet pickles (I omitted)
1 tsp. lemon juice
pinch kosher salt (I used sea salt)
pinch freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Place the shrimp on a sheet pan and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Pour the olive oil and juice over the shrimp, and roast in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes.
For the dressing, place the mayonnaise, ketchup, capers, gherkins, sweet pickles, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl, and stir until blended. Serve with the roasted shrimp.


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home