<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, January 14, 2011

Blondies have more fun...?

I have no problem admitting that I'm a chocoholic.  Milk chocoholic.  Semi-sweet chocoholic.  An occasional dark chocoholic.

But for some reason, white chocolate chips seemed more appealing than any others when I was choosing add-ins for these blondies.  White isn't usually what I lean towards but it definitely hit the spot here.  Yum.

I couldn't resist the toffee chips either...another one of my favorites.  Really, what's better than anything with the name Heath on it?


I love desserts that I can whip up really fast that taste great.  So do my family and friends, who always get the majority of what I bake so all of this deliciousness doesn't stay in my house and end up in my belly.  Like I say to Bella, it's always nice to share!

***REMINDER***  my current giveaway ends at 3pm TOMORROW!!!  Enter now!  Go to my 2nd giveaway post here on the blog and comment!!

Blondies
from Beantown Baker


6-7 tablespoons butter, melted 
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (optional, creates lighter blondie texture)
"Add ins" - see below (I used white chocolate chips and toffee pieces)

Preheat oven to 350.  Line an 8x8 pan with foil and use cooking spray lightly.


In a large microwave safe mixing bowl melt the butter. Allow to cool for 5 mintues. Mix the brown sugar with the melted butter and beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla. Add salt, stir in flour and baking powder (if using). Mix in any additions.

Pour into prepared pan and use a greased spatula to evenly spread mixture in pan and level the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set in the middle. (I baked for 22 minutes) Cool on rack before cutting.

Add in ideas:
1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate or butterscotch chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds
1/2 cup M&M candies, 1/2 chopped Reese's PB cups
1/4 cup toffee pieces
1/2 tsp mint extract in addition to, or in the place of vanilla extract




Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At January 14, 2011 at 7:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm. I love blondies because I always have the ingredients in the pantry. Good add-in ideas. Last time I made them I topped them with chopped hazelnuts and chopped dark chocolate (even though technically that doesn't make them blondies anymore, haha)

 
At January 14, 2011 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

I love these blondies, SO simple!

 
At January 14, 2011 at 10:29 PM , Blogger Dorothy at Belle of the Kitchen said...

I am right with you on Heath bar toffee pieces. I cannot believe how easy this recipe is...that makes it even more dangerous!

 
At January 14, 2011 at 11:26 PM , Blogger Ann said...

I love Blondies. I haven't made them in so long. You've inspired me.

I have a cookbook giveaway on my blog. Take a look.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home