<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, October 22, 2012

Meatless Mexican Stuffed Peppers

Happy Monday!  What was the highlight of your weekend?

Since I know some of you like to "go meatless" on Mondays, I figured I'd post this today.

I recently made these to drop off to good friends for a ready-to-go meal during a time of need (hence the aluminum tin...sorry!).  They were so delicious that I had to keep one for myself :)  Feel free to add meat if you like...but you definitely don't miss it with this great combo of beans and veggies.


These can be made ahead and transported easily, too.  A great weeknight meal...especially on Meatless Monday!


Meatless Mexican Stuffed Peppers
3 bell peppers, cut lengthwise and seeded
2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried cilantro (I didn't have fresh on hand but it would be great, too!)
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Heat oil in a skillet, then add onion and garlic.  Saute for a few minutes, then add rice, corn and beans.  Add all spices and mix.  Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.

Place peppers in a baking pan and fill each half with rice mixture.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and add cheese on top.  Return to oven and cook another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.  Serve.



Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 22, 2012 at 10:30 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

I love stuffed peppers, and I love that you made them meatless. They look so delicious and filling.

 
At October 22, 2012 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Angela said...

I love your blog! You should post some of your stuff on FlauntMyFood.com

A friend told me about it and that's where I go to check out cool foods. I guess food bloggers post there, its pretty sweet. Anywho, love your site!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home