<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, October 22, 2012

Meatless Mexican Stuffed Peppers

Happy Monday!  What was the highlight of your weekend?

Since I know some of you like to "go meatless" on Mondays, I figured I'd post this today.

I recently made these to drop off to good friends for a ready-to-go meal during a time of need (hence the aluminum tin...sorry!).  They were so delicious that I had to keep one for myself :)  Feel free to add meat if you like...but you definitely don't miss it with this great combo of beans and veggies.


These can be made ahead and transported easily, too.  A great weeknight meal...especially on Meatless Monday!


Meatless Mexican Stuffed Peppers
3 bell peppers, cut lengthwise and seeded
2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried cilantro (I didn't have fresh on hand but it would be great, too!)
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Heat oil in a skillet, then add onion and garlic.  Saute for a few minutes, then add rice, corn and beans.  Add all spices and mix.  Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.

Place peppers in a baking pan and fill each half with rice mixture.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and add cheese on top.  Return to oven and cook another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.  Serve.



Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 22, 2012 at 10:30 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

I love stuffed peppers, and I love that you made them meatless. They look so delicious and filling.

 
At October 22, 2012 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Angela said...

I love your blog! You should post some of your stuff on FlauntMyFood.com

A friend told me about it and that's where I go to check out cool foods. I guess food bloggers post there, its pretty sweet. Anywho, love your site!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home