<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Angry Birds Cupcakes

My adorable nephew turned 6 this weekend!  When my sister-in-law asked him what theme he wanted for his party, his answer was his current obsession - Angry Birds.


An obsession I know NOTHING about.

So, when Isabel asked me to make Angry Birds cupcakes (yellow ones only, as per her request) I had some research to do.  Luckily, I came across this blog post that helped me out a bit.  I made a few adaptations, and was pretty happy with the result!


I used my standard yellow cake recipe, colored my buttercream frosting yellow (topped with some yellow sparkly sugar), and used the following for the faces:

Twizzlers black licorice nibs:  I cut them in 3's, lengthwise, and used 2 pieces for the eyebrows, and one for the top of the head

Mini marshmallows:  I cut them in half and used them for the base of the eyes

Mini chocolate chips:  went on top of the marshmallows

Orange slices:  I cut them into small triangular pieces for the beaks

A bit time consuming, but totally worth it!  They were a big hit.


Happy birthday Petey!!




Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 3, 2012 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Krystal R said...

haha, I love Angry birds!!! They are stupid birds that make noises when you shoot them in the air, the game is madly addicting. But what a great aunt you are for making these!!!!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home