<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, May 11, 2012

Chili Dog Nachos

Ever since the weather has warmed up and the grill has been back in use, I've had a craving for hot dogs.  I don't eat hot dogs very often so it's a little unusual for me.  Matter of fact, I didn't eat hot dogs for about 10 years after a few, um, unfortunate incidents.  But that's a thing of the past :)

We had a few hot dogs left in the fridge after my craving was satisfied, and they needed to be used.  On Cinco de Mayo I was looking for something easy to make that was in keeping with the Mexican theme, and came across this interesting recipe from Rachael Ray.

Any chili dog fan would be happy to indulge in some of these.


This would be a great game day dish...pure man food!  Try this - you won't be disappointed.

Chili Dog Nachos
slightly adapted from Rachael Ray

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground beef
salt and pepper
3 hot dogs, cut into bite size chunks
1 onion, chopped
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 bag tortilla chips (or enough to cover a baking sheet generously)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Olives, sour cream, scallions, avocado, salsa for garnish (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add oil.  Add beef and season with salt and pepper.  After a few minutes, add hot dogs and brown for another 2-3 minutes.  Add onion, Worcestershire, chili powder and cumin.  Cook another few minutes then add tomato sauce.

Arrange chips on foil lined baking sheet.  Top with chili dog topping.  Add cheese and bake for about 10-12 minutes until cheese melts.  Garnish with desired toppings.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At May 11, 2012 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Oooh, these look sinful and scrumptious Melissa! My husband would do just about anything for me if I made him these, I think!

 
At May 12, 2012 at 5:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks a lovely, scrummy mess. the sort of thing you would eat while watching a good film on a Saturday night. :-)

 
At May 12, 2012 at 6:24 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I haven't had hot dogs since I was about five but I know I would love this general idea with vegetarian sausage!

 
At May 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Jill | Dulce Dough said...

That looks seriously yummy Melissa!

 
At May 12, 2012 at 7:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made your recipe tonight! It's not easy to get Monteray Jack cheese in England, so I used mozzarella instead. It was delicious. We ate it while we watched War Horse. Thank you. :-)

 
At May 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

Such a fun idea. Now I'm craving chili dogs.

 
At September 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Carole said...

Great that you linked in, thanks. have a good one

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home