<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Easy Cheese Grits

Recently my sister, brother-in-law, nieces and parents took a road trip down south.  It sounded like a really fun one - one that involved a lot of good eats, drinks and laughs.  What's better than that?

Well, I guess if I went along for the ride it would have been a LITTLE bit better.  Just a little :)

Instead of bringing me back a t-shirt, they brought me (among other things) this:


Straight from Tennessee, y'all.

Naturally, I went ahead and did this:


And the grand finale looked like this:


Southern perfection.

Next time I open that bag it'll be for breakfast.

Easy Cheese Grits
slightly adapted from the Falls Mill white corn grits bag

1 cup white corn grits
1/4 cup chopped onion
4 cups water
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup half & half (I used fat free)
2-4 ounces cheese of your choice

Place grits in bowl and cover with 2 cups water.  Stir so the light bran rises to top of water.  Set aside.

Bring 2 cups water, onion and butter to a boil in a heavy bottomed saucepan.  Carefully pour off water and bran from bowl of grits, then add rinsed grits to boiling mixture.

Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until grits soften.  Add half & half and cheese and stir until cheese melts.  Serve hot.

Makes 4 half cup servings.


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At May 10, 2012 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

i REALLY need to get some grits in my life! Given my love of polenta...I think these and I are pretty much a match made in heaven.

 
At May 10, 2012 at 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just popped to let you know that I have awarded you the Kreative Blogger and Sunshine award.I chose your blog because we are really keen on spicy food and you have loads of spicy recipes.
You can pick up your award here http://wp.me/p22oHq-og
I hope you are thrilled as I was to receive them. :-)

 
At May 11, 2012 at 6:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I cannot get grits in England. :-( Your recipe looks really tasty too. :-)

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home