<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Another crockpot hit!

I wanted to do something different with the roast that Frank bought - as much as I love my pot roast I wasn't feeling it.

What WAS I feeling?  Mexican.

The meat was tender and delicious - it really satisfied my craving.  I made my mexican rice, then opened up a can of  Trader Joe's Cuban Style Black Beans (YUM).  Add some cilantro lime sour cream (see recipe below) and you've got a  great Mexican meal right at home.


Our dinner guest, AKA my father-in-law, gave this a big thumbs up, too!


Crockpot Shredded Beef Tacos
4 lb. bottom round roast
1 cup water
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 tablespoons cumin
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder

Put roast in crockpot and add water (make sure meat is a little less than halfway covered).  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Cook for about 4 hours on low. (Again, crockpot settings/cooking times vary!)

Remove roast and plate.  Shred meat and serve on tortillas with whatever toppings you like.  This time around, we used queso fresco and chopped scallions and radishes (and jalapenos for me, of course!).

Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
juice from 1/2 lime

Combine all ingredients and stir until well mixed.

Linked to: What's on Your Plate?
                 Mexican Blog Hop


Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At April 19, 2011 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

Oooh, I love easy crock pot meals, and I love tacos. Therefore, you have just made my day. :)

 
At April 19, 2011 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Tessa said...

I love making shredded meats for Mexican meals in my crockpot. They turn out great! Thanks for the new recipe =)

 
At April 19, 2011 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Joanne said...

I am always craving mexican food so this sounds super delicious to me!

 
At April 19, 2011 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Reeni said...

Crockpot tacos are the best! The entire meal is right up my alley!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home