<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, December 17, 2010

Wouldn't it be nice if...

...cooking and baking burned off all the calories you consume?  Or at least half of them?

It figures that my favorite pie has to be the most fattening one known to mankind.  So, why not make it even more decadent by adding chocolate?  Makes sense.  I've made this for the past two years for Thanksgiving (this picture is actually from 2009)...since we split the day between our families I bake 2 so we have one for each house.

My sister and I baked our annual holiday cookies last weekend (I'll blog about it soon) and she showed me a trick I never knew, and it would come in handy with this recipe.  Dust the chocolate chips with a little flour before adding them in...it'll prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the pan.  She did it for the cookies we were making by tossing both into a ziploc bag.  Shake for a few seconds so the flour covers all the chips.  I'll remember that for next year!

This is another one that falls under the "ridiculously easy" category.  We actually discussed it at my sister's this year - her brother-in-law was convinced I slaved in the kitchen over it.  Not even close!

Just noticed the lopsided crust...oops!  Good thing it doesn't affect the way it tastes! :)


Chocolate Pecan Pie
(I don't remember where I first saw this recipe - it was a long time ago and I've made some changes)


1 (9 inch) pie shell
3 eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
2/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips 


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In medium mixing bowl beat eggs lightly with a rotary beater or fork. Stir in corn syrup, sugar, and butter; mix well. Stir in pecan and chocolate pieces (remember the dusting trick!).


To prevent overbrowning, cover edges of pie shell with aluminum foil. Place pie shell on oven rack and pour filling into it.


Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil from crust edges and bake an additional 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Chill before serving.


Serves 8.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home