<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Welcome to my long overdue blog!

I haven't blogged in a few years, but have talked (mainly to myself, but also to my husband...hopefully he was listening) about starting a food blog for over a year now.  Cooking has always been a big part of my life.  After a hiatus while living alone for many years and being out and about every night (like every single girl should be!), I found passion in the kitchen once again when Frank and I moved in together.  It's always more fun (and everything tastes better too) when you cook for someone you love.


My family has always been a big influence on me when it comes to cooking and baking.  I come from a long line of amazing chefs (none who are/were professional, but I still refer to them as chefs because they could have been!) who have taught me everything from the basics on up.  Yeah, I'll share some of it, but some will remain a secret :)  


I also hope that one day, this blog is read and admired by my 2 year old daughter, Annabella, who has already become a great sous chef...and a food critic :)  Here is she at her 2nd birthday party a few months ago..."happy cake" is one of her favorites.





I'm kicking myself now because I wish I consistently took pictures of dishes that I've made in the past...I do have some that I'll post, but for the most part, I'll be starting from scratch.  I hope you all enjoy this new endeavor as much as I know I will!



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2010 at 4:10 PM , Blogger Aunt Maria said...

Melissa, you made my day. Your recipes, your love of food and family make me want to cry. Love you photo post of you guys little on my lap...I long for those days, that's when Christmas really felt like Christmas for me. Good luck with your blog, I will be regular on it. Love you!!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home