<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Baked Lobster Tails

Happy New Year, everyone!  Getting back into your old routine?  TGIThursday...that's all I have to say :)

This was the first year since I was maybe 8 years old that I wasn't up to see the ball drop.  Oh yeah, it was a rockin' New Year's Eve in our house.  Plus I did nothing as far as cooking - we went out for a late lunch with our nieces and ate enough to keep us full for the rest of the day.

Fortunately, I made our "fancy" meal a few nights before.  I guess you could call this our faux NYE meal.  It snowed that day, so our plans to go out were foiled.  Frank picked these babies up and although they were frozen, I was able to thaw them in a cold water bath in about an hour.


I prefer to keep the shells on them while baking...it keeps the meat moist.  It may not be as pretty as putting the tail on top, but it sure is tasty.

I know some people are intimidated by making these at home, but you shouldn't be!  It's super easy and costs WAY less than ordering them in a restaurant.  Give them a try...maybe for Valentine's Day...


Baked Lobster Tails
4 lobster tails
melted butter
lemon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Using kitchen shears, cut the top of each tail down the middle.  Do not cut all the way through the meat - just a little deep.

Place tails in a baking pan.  Brush the tops with butter.  Bake for about 18-20 minutes, depending on size.

Squeeze lemon into melted butter and serve on side for dipping.





Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 3, 2013 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

My dad used to make lobster for new year's every year...so this does sound like the perfect NYE dinner!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home