<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Easy Beer Bread

I don't like keeping bread in the house...it's one of my biggest downfalls so if it's around, I'm in trouble. No willpower whatsoever...

I do, however, like baking bread...all different kinds.  And good quick bread recipes are invaluable.



This one is great to serve with dip, soup, on its own (with butter, of course...yum!)...I bet it would make great croutons, too!  Or with melted cheese on top...oh man, why didn't I think of that sooner?  It's super easy and a big crowd pleaser.



Easy Beer Bread
slightly adapted from Heart and Hearth

1 1/2 cups AP flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (12 ounce) beer (I used a light beer)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Lightly grease a standard loaf pan.

Mix all dry ingredients together.  Add beer and mix until thoroughly combined.

Place dough in pan and drizzle butter on top.  Bake until golden brown, approximately 50-60 minutes.  Take bread out and let rest for 15 minutes before removing from pan.  Cool completely.





Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM , Anonymous Ammie said...

I can so relate to not keeping bread in the house ;)

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home