<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Eggnog Cookies

I'm starting to get excited for Christmas.

Oh, who am I kidding.  I'm excited for the COOKIES!  I mean, really, how could you NOT be excited about these?


Exactly.

Trust me when I say - you need to make these!  You can whip up a batch in no time.  Do it today...and TRY to save them until Christmas.  I dare you.


Eggnog Cookies
from Allrecipes

1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 1/4 cups AP flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Combine flour, baking powder and nutmeg.  Set aside.  Cream sugar and butter until light.  Add eggnog, vanilla and yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth.  Add flour mixture and beat on low until just combined - do not overmix.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets about an inch apart.  Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.  Bake 20-22 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown.

Makes about 6 dozen cookies.





Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 20, 2012 at 3:07 PM , Anonymous adelerose said...

I'm making these for Christmas Eve! Yum!

 
At December 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

I'm wishing I had seen these earlier! Definitely saving the recipe for next year. I love the taste of eggnog, but only in small amounts so I'm thinking these cookies would be a great way to use the rest of the carton.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home