<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Tortilla Española

I've shared many frittata recipes here, which are common among my Italian culture.  There's nothing easier or more versatile, especially when you have lots of delicious leftovers to use up.


I tried the Spanish version in the midst of my "how the hell do I use up all these eggs?" period.  I've had this before but never made it myself.  It was delicious, even 2 days later.  I had it for breakfast AND for dinner :)


This is perfect for brunch, when you need a few dishes to make ahead to save some time.  And, like I said before, it makes for a great dinner (or lunch) with a nice salad.  Or a sandwich!  Endless possibilities.


Tortilla Española
from Spain - On the Road Again

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/4 pounds waxy potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
salt and pepper
8 eggs
chopped fresh parsley for garnish

Heat oil in large non-stick pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.  Allow it to get very hot, but not smoking.  Add potatoes and onion and season with salt and pepper.  Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally.  Adjust heat if necessary so vegetables don't brown.  Cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 - 20 minutes.

Beat eggs with salt and pepper in a large bowl.  Add potatoes and onions to bowl, then pour mixture into skillet.  Spread potatoes evenly in pan and cook for about one minute, until egg mixture is set on the bottom.

Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes, or until quite set.  Carefully flip tortilla over (or do what I did - invert it carefully onto a large plate, then slide into pan bottom side up) and cook another 5 minutes, until set.

Flip out onto a clean plate and let rest for 5 minutes.  Add parsley and serve warm or at room temperature.



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home