<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, September 7, 2012

Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread (What's Baking?)

Yeah, I went there...in early September!  I couldn't help it.


I wanted to bake something with Bella that I could pack as a little treat in her lunchbox, and this seemed perfect.  Actually, it WAS perfect.  She couldn't get enough of it.

I would have thrown some nuts in, but her classroom is nut free.  Next time, I'm definitely adding walnuts and keeping the bread all to ourselves here at home.


It just so happens that our What's Baking? hostess for September, Jenna (author of Jenna's Cooking Journey) asked us to back a quickbread this month.  Looks like I killed two birds with one stone :)


Dare I say - welcome, fall!


Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
from King Arthur Flour

1 cup vegetable oil
2 2/3 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
2/3 cup water
3 1/3 cups AP flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease two 9x5 loaf pans.

In a large bowl, beat together oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin and water.  Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and vanilla.  Stir to combine.

Mix in chips.  Divide batter in half if you want one loaf without them, using half the amount.

Spoon batter into prepared pans.  Bake for about 70 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of center clean.  Remove from oven and cool on rack.

Linked to:  Sweets for a Saturday




Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

Oh, this sounds wonderful! I am ready for all things pumpkin!

 
At September 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dropping by from the Recipe Showcase on the Secret Recipe Club FB group page. It's NEVER to early for pumpkin recipes! You should see all of the ones being posted on Pinterest. I like it so well, I have a board on Pinterest just for pumpkin recipes. Thanks for sharing this, it looks delicious.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home