<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, September 3, 2012

Sage Pork Chops (Secret Recipe Club)

Happy Labor Day, everyone!  And more importantly (at least in this house), happy belated birthday to my sweet baby girl, who turned 4 yesterday!  More on that later this week.  Right now, it's down to SRC business.

My assignment this month was Mellissa's blog, A Fit and Spicy Life.  I wasn't familiar with her blog before this month, so I took a good look around to see what I had to choose from.  I also noticed that she just got married!  What a special time for her.


I chose this dish because it looked really good, plus I had pork chops ready to go.  They were delicious and perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.  Another great find, thanks to SRC.  Thanks, Mellissa!


Sage Pork Chops
slightly adapted from A Fit and Spicy Life

4 boneless pork chops
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh chopped sage
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/2 cup white wine

Season pork on both sides with salt and pepper.  Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side (depending on thickness of chop).  Plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.

Add onion to skillet and cook until softened.  Add sage, thyme and wine.  Simmer until sauce reduces down to about 1/3 cup.  Stir in any juices in plate.  Drizzle sauce on top of pork and serve.




Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At September 3, 2012 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Jaida said...

Mmm, another pork chop recipe for me to try!! Great pic and Happy belated birthday Bella!!

 
At September 3, 2012 at 12:16 PM , Blogger The Weekend Gourmet said...

I made the move from Group C to Group A starting this month, and I was so happy to try your Bruschetta Chicken! We LOVED it...it's going to be a part of my dinner rotation from here on out. So glad to be in SRC Group A with you!!

 
At September 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Micha @ Cookin' Mimi said...

I'm saving this recipe. I am always looking for new ways to make pork chops and this looks quick, easy, and delicious.

 
At September 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM , Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Pork chops are always a hit in our home and I'm always on the lookout for new ways to prepare them so saving this recipe, looks delish!

Thanks too for checking out my SRC entry: Fried Green Tomatoes, I appreciate the comment.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

 
At September 3, 2012 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Mellissa said...

So glad you liked this! It's always a hit at my house.

 
At September 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Susie said...

This Iowa girl loves a porkchop! And sage is perfect!

 
At September 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Katrina said...

Mmm, those look good. Dinner at your house!

 
At September 3, 2012 at 11:11 PM , Blogger Trisha said...

Perfect meal! I can see this fitting right into our regular meal rotation.

 
At September 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM , Anonymous Lesa @Edesias Notebook said...

Those are some great looking pork chops. Sage is always a favorite flavor in the fall.

 
At September 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM , Anonymous katherine Martinelli said...

Mmm I love the herbs here. Delicious.

 
At October 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the FoodBuzz top 9! These pork chops look delicious!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home