<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, February 10, 2012

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Mushrooms

Don't be a hater.  Brussels sprouts really are delicious.  Now, can someone please tell that to my husband?

What about you?  Lover or hater?

Try this dish - it'll convert you if you're the latter, for sure.



Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Mushrooms
slightly adapted from TasteFood

1 pound brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon truffle oil (optional)

Wash brussels sprouts.  Trim ends and remove any discolored leaves.  Cut in half, top to bottom.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add brussels sprouts and cook until they begin to color, about 3 minutes.  Add mushrooms and garlic and saute another 2-3 minutes.

Add 1/4 cup chicken stock and cook until it evaporates, stirring over medium heat.  Add soy sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, another 2 minutes.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Remove from heat.  Drizzle with truffle oil and toss to combine.  Serve immediately.



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At February 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

I'm a Brussels sprouts lover! I think when people hate them it's because they don't have delicious recipes like this one when they give them a try. This recipe looks like it could convert anyone.

 
At February 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Beverly@Beverly's Back Porch said...

I could eat that whole thing all by myself. Why would anyone hate brussels sprouts. Great recipe!

 
At February 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Honestly, I have been a Brussels sprout hater for all of my life. Except there was one time that a friend of mine made them and they were delicious (and I was in a position where refusing to eat them would have been hugely insulting). So there is hope for me. Your treatment of them sounds quite tasty. I do love mushrooms.....

 
At February 11, 2012 at 1:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super recipe - love the addition of soy sauce - my family is on the fence with Brussel sprouts but I think this will get them excited!
Mary x

 
At February 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love brussel sprouts even when they're just nuked. Can't wait to try this recipe and NO my husband won't even taste them.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home