<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, January 13, 2012

Crack Dip (aka Buffalo Chicken Dip)

Yeah, I know...this dip is everywhere.  But hey - it's a huge crowd pleaser, it's super easy to make, and it's perfect for football season (Go GIANTS!).  And although it had been a long time since I made it, I broke the dry spell on New Year's Eve.  So, I gotta throw it in here.

There definitely are a lot of variations of this recipe.  This is how I've been  making it for years - I like this one the best.  And please, whatever you do, take the extra few minutes to cook chicken breasts.  DO NOT used canned chicken.  I beg of you.


Stay tuned next week to see what I did with the leftovers :)

Crack Dip
 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I use boneless chicken breasts, and I either bake them or boil them in chicken broth)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup hot sauce (I usually use Frank's)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place cream cheese in a bowl and stir.  Add dressing, cheese and hot sauce, and stir to combine.  Add in chicken and stir.  Pour into baking dish.

Bake about 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through.  Serve with crackers and celery.

**You can also cook this in the microwave, uncovered, for 5 minutes (stirring halfway through)...or in the crockpot for a few hours on low**



Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At January 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Sprigs of Rosemary said...

I don't know one, single, solitary person in the whole, wide world who does not love this dip. Crack is right!

 
At January 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM , Anonymous Jey said...

Ha! You can tell that this was one of the first few recipes I posted since I didn't know better and used canned chicken. We make crack dip for every get together, and I've since learned my lesson!

 
At January 14, 2012 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I love anything buffalo-flavored. This sounds...totally and awesomely addictive.

 
At January 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM , Anonymous Katerina said...

My husband and son are big fans of blue cheese so I am sure they would be crazy happy with this dip!

 
At January 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM , Blogger Alice said...

What a great dip! Agree with you about cooking your own chicken -- the change in taste is huge.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 5:05 PM , Anonymous Alex Staff said...

Aw! This made me miss my Mom! She makes the best crack dip ever! My brother and I love it. We even tricked our Mom for this when we were younger. We pretended to be so sad, and she instantly made us one because she knew we'd love it. Oh, how I miss those days!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home