<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

So good, yet so bad

I rarely order pasta when I'm at a restaurant.  The dishes are usually simple enough for me to make at home, plus they tend to be pretty rich and decadent.  At home, I try to keep our pasta meals tame, but once in a blue moon I come across something that forces me to break my rule.  Like this dish.

This was really, REALLY good...and really, REALLY heavy.  Don't plan on moving too much after this one...and definitely wear the stretchy pants!  But believe me, it's well worth every.single.bite.

It's absolutely impressive enough for company, so keep it in mind (you could also consider smaller portions as a first course)...and so easy to make.  Make it even easier on yourself and buy the pre-cut pancetta at Trader Joe's.  It's cut up super small so it cooks fast.  


Tortellini & Pancetta in Mushroom Walnut Sauce
slightly adapted from Sunshine and Bones

12 ounces tortellini
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup pancetta, cut into small chunks
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup heavy cream
black pepper
1 1/2 cups grated pecorino romano cheese

Cook tortellini according to package directions, minus one minute.  Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add pancetta, mushrooms and walnuts.  Saute until mushrooms are brown.

Add cream and stir frequently, until sauce begins to thicken.  Turn heat down to low and add pepper and cheese.  Stir until sauce is smooth.

Drain pasta and put in pan with sauce.  Turn heat off and stir together gently.  Serve immediately.

Serves 4.

Linked to: Tastetastic Thursday
                   Pasta Blog Hop

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 25, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Amy Anderson said...

I don't eat pancetta but this STILL sounds fantastic!

Amy @ A Little Nosh

 
At October 25, 2011 at 10:46 AM , Blogger joan Isaacson said...

That is just beautiful.....might have to try it and eat all the pancetta myself :)

 
At October 26, 2011 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

This looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait to make it on a night when we want to indulge a bit!

 
At March 3, 2012 at 5:11 PM , Anonymous Katherine Martinelli said...

This looks like it was worth every bite! Thanks for linking up to my blog hop! Pinned :-)

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home