<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, October 24, 2011

Scary stuff!

It's that time of year!  How many Halloween parties are on your calendar?  There are never too many, if you ask me...any excuse to dress up funny and o.d. on chocolate works for me ;)

Whether you'll be partying with or without the kiddies, this snack is sure to be a hit.  Plus, it takes about 10 minutes to make.  Can't beat that!

Isn't it boo-tiful?


Wish I had some more of this right about now.


The perfect sweet treat this Halloween!

Candy Corn Cookie Bark
adapted from Your Home Based Mom

20 Halloween Oreo cookies (you can use regular Oreos if you want)
2 cups pretzels, broken into pieces (I used mini twists)
1 1/2 cups candy corn
1 pound white chocolate (I used Ghirardelli chips)
3-4 tablespoons half and half
Halloween themed/colored sprinkles (mine were orange pumpkins and black bats!)

Line a baking sheet with wax paper.  Crush the cookies and scatter them around the pan, followed by pretzels and half of the candy corn.

Melt chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly and carefully watching since white chocolate burns easily.  Add half and half a little at a time to keep consistency somewhat thin.

Pour chocolate evenly over ingredients in pan.  Use spatula to spread if necessary.  Immediately top with remaining candy corn and sprinkles.  Place pan in refrigerator or freezer to firm up.  Break into rough pieces and serve, or store in airtight container.

Linked to:  Sweet Treats Thursday
                   Halloween Blog Hop



Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At October 24, 2011 at 4:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks so good! I love anything with candy corn involved! ;)

 
At October 25, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

This is totally the kind of thing I could get addicted to. Fabulous.

 
At October 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Kyle said...

This looks soo good! I'll definitely be making it for my Halloween party this year - thanks!

 
At October 27, 2011 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Erin said...

This looks so festive and yummy! Would have made a great addition to the Halloween snack bags I made for my 6 year olds class. Will have to save it for next year!

 
At October 28, 2011 at 7:51 AM , Anonymous Katherine Martinelli said...

I love this! Such a great idea and it looks fabulous. Thanks for linking up to my Halloween Blog Hop!! :-D

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home