<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, October 27, 2011

More bundting! (What's Baking?)

I know, I know, but I couldn't resist!  It's just too good.


I brought this to a Halloween party last weekend along with my candy corn cookie bark.  The party was a hit - great fun for the kids, and lots of candy.  I mean LOTS.  So many treats that my cake barely got touched...even by the adults!  I had one small bite of Frank's piece and kicked myself on the way home for not packing one up for later that night.

What was I thinking?


Damn.

Ange from The Tiny Tyrant's Kitchen was our hostess this month for What's Baking?.  The theme she chose was "Fall Flavors"...and although she challenged us to sway from the usual pumpkin and apple, I couldn't resist this cake.  The streusel filling and glaze definitely make it more "special" than your typical pumpkin cake.  Give it a try...it would be a great addition to your Thanksgiving table!


Thanks for a fun challege, Ange!

Sour Cream Pumpkin Streusel Cake
from Very Best Baking

For the streusel:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons butter

For the cake:
3 cups AP flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
4 large eggs
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream (I used light)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

For the glaze:
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons milk (I used 1%)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.

Combine first 3 streusel ingredients in a small bowl.  Cut in butter with two knives until mixture is crumbly.  Set aside.

Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a bowl.  Beat sugar and butter in mixing bowl until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.  Add pumpkin, sour cream and vanilla, and mix well.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.

Spoon half of batter into pan.  Sprinkle streusel over batter, keeping it in the middle of the pan (don't allow it to touch sides).  Top with remaining batter.  Make sure batter layer touches edges of pan (batter will be thick!).

Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out of middle of cake clean.  Cool for 30 minutes in pan on wire rack.  Invert onto rack to cool completely.

Mix together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth.  Drizzle over cooled cake.

Linked to: Sweet Tooth Friday
                   Thanksgiving Blog Hop




Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 28, 2011 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Amy said...

Looks delicious. I just can't get enough pumpkin this time of year.

 
At November 20, 2011 at 4:37 AM , Anonymous Katherine Martinelli said...

Oh yum! I love sour cream cakes, and I love pumpkin, and I'm totally obsessed with my bundt pan - so clearly this recipe was made for me! :-D Thanks for linking up at my Thanksgiving blog hop!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home