<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, June 20, 2011

Cheese is still good.

I've been known to periodically discuss my love for cheese.  Every once in a while I feel the need to repeat myself, just to be clear.  When you're eating something like this, it's hard not to spread the joy...pun intended :)

I know that all cheese lovers understand this.

Hello, baked brie...it's good to see you again.


It's amazing how something so simple can be so delicious.

This time around, I used a raspberry red chile ginger jam (from my friend Larry, originally from New Mexico...the same friend who contributed the Walter 45), and it was divine.  I've used so many other types of fillings before...the versatility of this dish is endless.

Grab it while it's hot - it never lasts long.


Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
1 wheel brie cheese
1/2 cup preserves of your choice

Preheat oven to 425.  Lightly grease cookie sheet or pie plate and place cheese on it (leave rind on).  Spread preserves on top of cheese.  Place puff pastry sheet on top of cheese and wrap it around the sides.  Tuck the ends underneath if they reach.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until brown.  Let cool for approximately 5 minutes before cutting.  Serve with fruit and crackers.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At June 20, 2011 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I'm pretty sure that I could eat baked brie at every meal and would be super happy. Love the sound of that jam!

 
At June 20, 2011 at 8:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

delicious!

 
At June 20, 2011 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Tony O. said...

this is a dish you can't sit near, because if you do, you will keep eating it til it's gone... addictive!

 
At June 20, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

Yum, yum, yum. I love the idea of jam with it.

 
At June 20, 2011 at 11:35 PM , Blogger Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Melissa I could eat that whole baked brie as it looks so good!

Thanks for entering my HomeGoods gift card give away!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home