<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mmmm...pizza :)

Honestly, who doesn't LOVE pizza?  I do.  Bella does.  My whole family does.  We frequently thank my sister for marrying into a family of pizzeria owners :)

As my husband will tell you, I love variety.  With my pizza toppings.  Sometimes, the toppings you want aren't available at your local pizzeria...which is why making it at home is a good way to satisfy those cravings.

I found a great flatbread pizza crust (stop your snickering - I'm not always up for rolling out pizza dough, and I know you aren't either!) made by Mama Mary's - I like the 12 inch thin and crispy crust.  I always find it at ShopRite.

Pizza made this way is a great option for when you don't have much time to spend in the kitchen.  Tonight's variation was delicious!  I think feta cheese would work well with this combo too.


Shrimp, Pancetta and Artichoke Pizza with Pesto


1 flatbread pizza crust (see my recommendation above), or 1 bag of pizza dough, rolled out and prepared
1/2 cup pesto
1 cup frozen shrimp, thawed and chopped
1/2 cup diced pancetta (more if you like)
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts (6 oz), drained
1/2 can pitted black olives, sliced
fresh mozzarella cheese, broken into pieces (or store bought shredded mozzarella)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Place crust on cookie sheet and spread pesto evenly over it.  Arrange the remaining toppings over the pesto.  Top with mozzarella.

Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and crust is brown and crispy.

This supposedly serves 6...I say it serves 3 or 4.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 21, 2010 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Allison said...

This looks SO GOOD!

 
At December 21, 2010 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Peggy Goldstein said...

I made 2 pies today and thought of you :) I need to try this recipe!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home