<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, January 16, 2012

Banana Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting

I polled some of my Facebook fans over the weekend, wondering what their favorite kind of cupcakes are.  I love hearing about all the different combinations and why they appeal to people.  It was on my mind because over the weekend, cupcake baking certainly kept me busy.

I baked three different types for my cousin's birthday party, based on the flavors she named when I asked earlier in the week what her favorites were.  Which, by the way, wasn't that convincing...

"Banana.  Hmmm...strawberry.  Chocolate.  Oh, I don't know."

Um, okay.  So now you know why I made three different kinds :)

The original recipe that I used for these cupcakes called for a browned butter frosting, but I had a better idea...an idea that uses a very well received, delicious ingredient that begins with the letter N.

You with me so far?

These were a cinch to make, thanks to the fact that the recipe calls for boxed cake mix.  A little doctoring goes a long way.  Yum.

And the frosting, well, let's just say I'm thankful that I have a little bit leftover in the fridge.




Finally, one LAST time...PLEASE vote for my Pasta e Fagioli...voting ends TODAY!!  Share the link with your friends and family too, if you don't mind :)

CLICK HERE to vote.


Banana Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting
cake recipe from Betty Crocker

1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup water
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place cupcake liners in about 20 of the muffin cups (I got 22).  In large bowl, stir all ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened.  Spoon batter evenly into cups.

Bake for about 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out of center clean.

For the frosting (from Ming Makes Cupcakes):
1/2 cup Nutella
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
5 tablespoons heavy cream

Mix all ingredients together until fluffy.  Add a bit more cream if necessary.

Frost cupcakes once they are completely cool.  Garnish with a banana slice, if desired.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Liz said...

I will have to try it. Delicious and nutritious!

 
At January 16, 2012 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Wow. These sound amazing. Definitely printing it off to make soon.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 4:22 AM , Anonymous Katerina said...

My son would go crazy for ine of these cupcakes! Totally delicious!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 8:29 AM , Anonymous Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos said...

YUM! These sound perfect, another great way to use bananas!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Claire Justine said...

Sounds great!! yum yum :-)

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home