<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, October 28, 2011

Talk to me

I'm curious - do you enjoy my simple pasta dish recipes?  Do you find them useful?  I ask because there are so many of them that I haven't blogged, just because I'm not sure if they'd be appreciated.  A very common question when looking for dinner ideas is "I need something quick and easy", so I'm thinking that they must be helping some people out there.  Speak up now...

I personally find quick and easy recipes very useful, as well as those that use common pantry ingredients.  Lots of people out there lead very busy lives and rely on these types of meals pretty often.  I hope those people are reading my blog :)

This is another one, again, using what I usually have on hand, plus a few fresh ingredients I happened to have that day.  The vegetables can easily be substituted with others like artichoke hearts (canned or frozen), zucchini, fresh tomatoes, spinach (fresh or frozen), broccoli rabe, mushrooms...pretty much anything goes.

As for the cheese, use the fresh stuff.  Fresh mozzarella makes a huge difference as far as taste and texture.  It melts really nicely and is just so delicious.


Is there a favorite quick and easy pasta dish in your house?  If so, please share it!

Autumn Pasta with Fresh Mozzarella
1 pound pasta (whatever kind/shape you like)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 eggplant, diced (I didn't peel it)
1 broccoli crown, roughly chopped
1 cup canned diced tomatoes, with liquid
1 teaspoon dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup fresh mozzarella, chopped

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil then add garlic and crushed red pepper.  Be careful not to burn it.

Add eggplant and broccoli.  Saute until they begin to soften.  Lower heat to medium, add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper, and  let cook for about 10 minutes.

Drain pasta and throw into pan.  Toss everything until combined, turn off heat and add mozzarella.  Stir gently so cheese is evenly coated and distributed.  Serve immediately.


Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At October 28, 2011 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Mrs.Pickles said...

Yes I like them!! I think i just might make this one for lunch today :)

 
At October 29, 2011 at 4:26 AM , Blogger Ayshela said...

YES! I have fibromyalgia and flares mean standing in the kitchen HURTS and energy to even think about where my pasta is in the pantry is hard to come by. The faster and simpler the better, at times like that. When box mac and cheese hurts to stand there and make, but I really want something more upscale, it's nice to have someplace i know I can look for inspiration.

 
At October 29, 2011 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

We can't all make crazy/insane dishes every day, so simple is often key! This looks fabulous!

 
At October 29, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

Yes! I love easy pasta dishes! Weekdays are tough for me to do more intricate things :) Keep them coming!

 
At October 30, 2011 at 8:44 AM , Blogger Ben said...

Love your posts, Melissa. And there's nothing about a dish being simple that means it can't also be great. Cooking shows that have recipes using hard-to-find ingredients and complicated procedures can be fun to watch but don't provide something most of us can use in the kitchen. (The recipes I post follow a simple rule: if I can't get it at the local supermarket, I don't cook with it.) You cook real food for real people. Don't change a thing!

Ben
http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

 
At October 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM , Anonymous Words Of Deliciousness.com said...

Yes, I love quick easy pasta dishes. Like you said today very body leads busy live, so it is always nice to have delicious easy recipes.

 
At November 1, 2011 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Adrienne said...

I love them!! Peter works a lot of nights so I am always looking for things I can make once the kids go to bed that are really good but not too labor intensive. Please keep them coming!!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home