<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pork on my fork makes me :)

I get all giddy about pork.  What have I said here before about it?  That it's a blank slate?  That I love its versatility?  That it's delicious?  And good for you?  I'm too lazy to go back and check all my pork posts.

Either way, I'll say it again.  I love buying pork and seeing where my mind and creativity takes me.  There are just so many options.  And, I love it even more when it's on sale.  Cheap!!  

This time around I chose a flavor combination that you've probably seen in savory dishes as well as sweets.  When I found this recipe it immediately caught my eye.  The ease of it, as well as the use of ingredients I already had on hand, made it all the more appealing.

This would be great on pork tenderloin as well, if you prefer that cut over chops.

How do you like to make pork?  Try this out - it just may become your new favorite :)


Cocoa & Chili Rubbed Pork Chops
slightly adapted from gimme some oven

2 pork chops, bone-in
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and pepper 

Mix cocoa, chili powder and sugar in a bowl.  Sprinkle and pat down rub on both sides of each chop.  Let sit for about 10 minutes, then add salt and pepper to each chop.  

Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.  Add chops and cover.  Cook for about 5-7 minutes, depending on thickness of meat.  Flip and leave uncovered, cooking second side for another 4-5 minutes.

Linked to:  What's on Your Plate?



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 7, 2011 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Haha I love your ode to pork! This rub sounds delicious...I mean seriously...it has chocolate in it. Can't go wrong!

 
At September 7, 2011 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Sprigs of Rosemary said...

I love the idea of the rub, mixing those great flavors together. I'm a pork fan myself; Mr. Rosemary likes ti, too, but only one, maybe tow, ways. Loves roasted pork and sauerkraut.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home