<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Open this for your Labor Day party contribution.

Potato salad is a beautiful thing.  Earlier this summer, I wrote about my Mom's delicious mayo-free recipe.  Well now it's time to share with you the best mayo-laden recipe :)  And it belongs to my Mother-in-law.

Well, really, it's potato-EGG salad.  Yum, yum, yum.  If you've had it, you're nodding your head in agreement with me right now.

I thought this would be a good thing to share now that Labor Day weekend is knocking on our doors.  This recipe, like my Mom's, feeds a huge crowd and is super easy to make.  I remember the first time I tried it - it was love at first bite.  Your friends will fall in love with you for sharing it.  So, bring it along to the last of the season's barbecues.  But beware...it's hard to stop at one spoonful!


MIL's Potato-Egg Salad
5 pounds baking potatoes
8 hard boiled eggs
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onions
2 1/2 cups Hellmans mayonnaise

Peel and cube potatoes before boiling.  Add salt to pot.  Boil for about 10 minutes.  Add other ingredients while warm, then chill salad in fridge.

Serves an army.


Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At September 1, 2011 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Cookbook Queen said...

This sounds perfect!! (But I'd have to add pickles...they are a must for me)

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!!

 
At September 1, 2011 at 2:43 PM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

When I first read the title I thought it said Egg-less, and I thought, "That's too bad, I think eggs are one of my favorite parts of a potato salad." Then I re-read it and realized this recipe is for me!

 
At September 2, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Kimby said...

Thank you for sharing your family recipes, Melissa -- I like both versions! Have a great weekend!

 
At September 5, 2011 at 1:12 AM , Anonymous Deborah said...

Definitely a perfect recipe for Labor Day!!

 
At September 6, 2011 at 3:04 PM , Anonymous Telebrands said...

Thanks for the potato salad recipe. It is nice dish to finish off the summer.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home