<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Toffee Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies for the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap!

This is my second time participating in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, and just like last year, it was a blast!  I really enjoyed baking and mailing out my cookies, but for me, the part that's most fun is being surprised by the ones you receive.  It's like Christmas, times 3!

I sent my assigned bloggers these delicious cookies.  They were easy to make and pack, and super delicious.  Madeline, Kasha and Lauren - hope you enjoyed them as much as we did!


(and I guess it would have been nice if I remembered to take a picture of the cookies BEFORE they were packaged!  Ugh.)

Special thanks goes out to the following ladies who sent me some amazing treats!

Amy from amybites
Monique from I Are The Food Snob
Alexandra from Sweet Betweens


The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2012

Also, another thanks goes out to Lindsay and Julie for organizing, again!  Job well done :)  If you'd like to have notifications for next year's event sent directly to you, click here to sign up.  Trust me...you want to participate!



Toffee Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
from My Kitchen Addiction

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups AP flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 package (about 1 1/3 cups) toffee bits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line baking sheets with parchment.  Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla and beat another minute.

Whisk together flour, oats, baking soda and salt.  Gradually add dry mixture to wet, beating until just incorporated.  Stir chips and bits in by hand.

Scoop dough (about 2 tablespoons each) and drop onto prepared sheets.  They will spread a bit so space them slightly.  Bake for about 12 minutes, until golden but still soft.  Cool for a few minutes on sheets, then transfer to wire rack.

Makes about 4 dozen.





Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed the cookies! Happy Holidays!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home