<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, July 1, 2011

Freezing your fix

Coffee fans - where are you?  I know you're out there.  And chocolate fans, you too...

Here's heaven in frozen form for you.  Make it this weekend - you'll be thanking me afterwards.


Is it obvious that I've been loving my ice cream maker?

Mocha Chip Ice Cream
from Cuisinart

1 cup whole milk, chilled
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons instant espresso
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups heavy cream, chilled
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

In a bowl, whisk together milk, sugar, espresso and cocoa until dissolved.  Stir in heavy cream and vanilla.

Pour mixture into ice cream maker bowl and mix until thick, about 25-30 minutes.  About 5 minutes before mixing is complete, add chocolate chips.

Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the freezer until firm (about 2 hours).

Linked to:  Sweet Tooth Friday


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At July 1, 2011 at 5:31 PM , Anonymous Maris(In Good Taste) said...

Just hearing the name mocha chip has me craving it! Then when I saw your photo I was done in! Must have this ice cream very soon!

 
At July 2, 2011 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Angie's Recipes said...

Love coffee flavoured ice cream. HOmemade looks great!

 
At July 2, 2011 at 7:14 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I am quite the coffee fan, so this sounds perfect to me!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

I'm such an ice cream freak, this sounds wonderful!

Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday. I've Stumbled your recipe. I hope to see you again this week.

 
At May 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Surprise! it's reveal day and I was your secret blogger :) I made this FABULOUS ice cream and it is now a staple in this house :) I made some minor adaptations, but overall it's the same result - totally amazing! Thank you! http://amandascookin.com/2012/05/mocha-chocolate-chip-ice-cream.html

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home