<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July themed recipe swap...S'mores for everyone!

How was your holiday weekend?  Ours was nice, although the weather didn't really cooperate on Sunday.  My cousin rescheduled her BBQ for Monday so I had an extra day to make the dessert I planned on bringing...then thought, maybe I can make it ahead so I'm not rushing around in the morning?  Hmmm...better ask Elisha from DeLish, whose recipe I was fortunate enough to get in our latest swap.

Elisha was making her delicious S'mores Bars for a party the next day as well, and assured me they'd be fine.  She's been making this recipe since she was in high school, so I naturally took her word for it.  I made one pan and adapted it just a bit...instead of using chocolate chips on top, I used mini Hershey chocolate bars that I had.

Then I took it one step further and made a "flag" out of the bars.  And yes, you'll have to tilt your head to the right to see what I'm talking about since, for the life of me, I can't get this picture to rotate!  (ugh, I need my other laptop back)


That's about as patriotic as I got with my food this weekend.

As soon as these bars hit the serving table, they were GONE.  All the kids were yelling at their moms to get the recipe from me.  People were taking seconds.  I absolutely should have made another pan...


One word - delish :)  Thanks again, Lishie...these were a huge hit!

S'mores Bars
slightly adapted from DeLish

1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup), at room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
approximately 25 Hershey miniature milk chocolate bars
3 1/2 cups mini-marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 pan with butter or cooking spray (you can also use two 8x8 pans).

Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.  In another bowl, mix graham crackers, flour and salt.  Stir the graham cracker mixture into the wet mixture until it's combined (it will be crumbly and clumpy).

Press around half of the mixture on the bottom of the pan, then top with chocolate chips, followed by 3 cups of the marshmallows.  Crumble the rest of the graham cracker mixture evenly on top, then lay the chocolate bars over it, followed by the remaining marshmallows.

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brown.

Linked to: S'mores Roundup


Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At July 5, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

I can see why people would be begging for this recipe. It looks delicious. What a great idea to make it look like a flag, too! Hope your Fourth was fun!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 6:15 PM , Anonymous Maris(In Good Taste) said...

I can so see why this was such a huge hit!It is going to be a huge hit with me too!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Reeni said...

They look amazing! We love s'mores anything in our house and I'm sure they wouldn't last long here either! Hope you had a great 4th!

 
At July 6, 2011 at 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look incredible

 
At July 6, 2011 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Lishie said...

I am so glad everyone liked them!!! We love them too!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 10:29 PM , Blogger Georgia said...

ok i seriously will be making these and soon!! love it! you should share this post next week on give back thursdays because you gave back to every single person who ate one!

http://georgiascookiejar.blogspot.com

 
At April 28, 2012 at 9:13 AM , Blogger cookies and cups said...

These look delicious! Thanks for linking up!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home