<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Spicing it up

I noticed that I had a few bagels that were getting close to past their prime.  I thought about making thin bagel chips, then thought, why not keep them more chunky...this way we can use them in soups, salads, or even for popping straight into our mouths :)

So, I took a look in my spice cabinet and was about to pull out all the ol' reliables...when I saw something I hadn't seen in a while - Dried Tomato and Garlic Pesto Mix from Tastefully Simple.  It got buried waaaaaay back there...so much so that the jar was still unopened.  After reading the ingredients I thought it would be a nice way to flavor up the "bagel chunks", as I've decided to name them.


Obviously, you can use whatever combination of spices you like and have on hand, but if you have this mix I recommend giving it a try.  It worked really well.

Bagel Chunks
Stale, or soon to be stale bagels
extra virgin olive oil
Tastefully Simple Tomato & Pesto Mix
garlic powder
sea salt

Cut bagels into chunks.  In a bowl, combine EVOO, spice mix and garlic powder.  Make enough to dip your bagel chunks - it'll depend on how many you have.

Dip chunks into bowl and place on foil lined baking sheet.  Sprinkle sea salt over them, and bake in a 400 degree oven for approximately 11-13 minutes (again, baking time will depend on how many you have, and how "chunky" they are).

Store in an airtight container.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At February 20, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great way to use up extra bagels--thanks for the tip!

 
At February 20, 2011 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is a great idea! Now I now what to do with my leftover bagels!

 
At February 20, 2011 at 9:09 PM , Blogger Reeni said...

What a good idea! They sound wonderful with the pesto.

 
At March 2, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Blogger danielle said...

I just made these (and I actually had the same pesto spice mix in my cabinet collecting dust...) and they were DELISH!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home